This is our 25th year of marriage. In just a few months, it'll be our anniversary. When I think back to 1984, it was the year I turned 20, the year we got married, the year I started my first full-time job; I remember school. I remember chorus. I remember friends. I remember sitting on the front row of a "Yes" concert with my best friend, Jon, and my soon-to-be wife.
From 1984, I don't remember the stock market state. I don't remember the unemployment rate. I don't remember a particularly bad economy. I DO remember having two part time jobs--a work room helper and installation helper at an interior decorator by day and and a pizza maker by night. I remember that when it was time for me to get a full time job when Cheri and I decided to get married, I was able to get a day job as a screen enclosure installer.
We learned Friday that the Dow hit it's lowest mark in 25 years and that the unemployment rate is the highest in 25 years. I'm no expert, but it would appear based on history, the stock market will recover and grow. As the economy recovers, folks will get back to work. This seems to be the natural cycle of the economy.
Those Americans who were responsible with their expenses, investments, savings, etc., indebtedness are the ones with money, and they stand to make a lot on the recovery as they buy debt and real estate for pennys on the dollar. Those who are weighted down with debt and have no savings could end up overwhelmed by the current economy. It's time to pay off that credit card...or I'd think you could be paying in a lot of other ways for the NEXT 25 years.
Revelation Series Notes
14 years ago