Tuesday I made the exchange -- a check for an 11 year old pickup truck. So far, it's as if I'm borrowing somebody else's vehicle. I keep walking by my old red Isuzu Trooper and miss it's familiar quirks, ride, and sounds.
I really like my "new" truck. It's like the truck I've wanted since 1997 when we looked at the brand new F-150s at the old airport terminal in Colorado Springs. We'll get it detailed this weekend and get it looking sharp. It'll become mine.
Then what? Put the 19 year old Trooper out to pasture? Sell it (for what -- it has 247K miles on it and leaks more than a 95 year old woman with Depends). Think I'll keep it to drive on Sundays...maybe my "project car." What's a "restored" Trooper worth? The same thing as an unrestored one! oh well....
Revelation Series Notes
14 years ago